Fedora 25 : libplist (2017-4047180cd3)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 100188
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
- New light-weight custom XML parser
- Remove libxml2 dependency
- Refactor binary plist parsing
- Improved malformed XML and binary plist detection and error handling
- Add parser debug/error output (when compiled with
--enable-debug), controlled via environment variables
- Fix unicode character handling
- Add PLIST_IS_* helper macros for the different node types
- Extend date/time range and date conversion issues
- Add plist_is_binary() and plist_from_memory() functions to the interface
- Plug several memory leaks
- Speed improvements for handling large plist files
Includes security fixes for :
... and several others that didn't receive any CVE (yet).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libplist package.