New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE Leap 42.1 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2017-7618: crypto/ahash.c in the Linux kernel allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (API operation calling its own callback, and infinite recursion) by triggering EBUSY on a full queue (bnc#1033340).
- CVE-2016-10318: A missing authorization check in the fscrypt_process_policy function in fs/crypto/policy.c in the ext4 and f2fs filesystem encryption support in the Linux kernel allowed a user to assign an encryption policy to a directory owned by a different user, potentially creating a denial of service (bnc#1032435).
- CVE-2017-7616: Incorrect error handling in the set_mempolicy and mbind compat syscalls in mm/mempolicy.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized stack data by triggering failure of a certain bitmap operation (bnc#1033336).
- CVE-2017-7308: The packet_set_ring function in net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel did not properly validate certain block-size data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls (bnc#1031579).
- CVE-2017-2671: The ping_unhash function in net/ipv4/ping.c in the Linux kernel is too late in obtaining a certain lock and consequently cannot ensure that disconnect function calls are safe, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by leveraging access to the protocol value of IPPROTO_ICMP in a socket system call (bnc#1031003).
- CVE-2017-7294: The vmw_surface_define_ioctl function in drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_surface.c in the Linux kernel did not validate addition of certain levels data, which allowed local users to trigger an integer overflow and out-of-bounds write, and cause a denial of service (system hang or crash) or possibly gain privileges, via a crafted ioctl call for a /dev/dri/renderD* device (bnc#1031440).
- CVE-2017-7261: The vmw_surface_define_ioctl function in drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_surface.c in the Linux kernel did not check for a zero value of certain levels data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (ZERO_SIZE_PTR dereference, and GPF and possibly panic) via a crafted ioctl call for a /dev/dri/renderD* device (bnc#1031052).
- CVE-2017-7187: The sg_ioctl function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (stack-based buffer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large command size in an SG_NEXT_CMD_LEN ioctl call, leading to out-of-bounds write access in the sg_write function (bnc#1030213).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- ata: ahci_xgene: free structure returned by acpi_get_object_info() (bsc#1033518).
- doc/README.SUSE: update links to KMP manual
- ext4: do not perform data journaling when data is encrypted (bsc#1012876).
- ext4: fix use-after-iput when fscrypt contexts are inconsistent (bsc#1012829).
- ext4: mark inode dirty after converting inline directory (bsc#1012876).
- ext4: reject inodes with negative size (bsc#1012876).
- fs, seqfile: always allow oom killer (bsc#1012876).
- ipv6: make ECMP route replacement less greedy (bsc#930399).
- l2tp: hold tunnel socket when handling control frames in l2tp_ip and l2tp_ip6 (bsc#1028415).
- mm: filemap: do not plant shadow entries without radix tree node (bsc#1012876).
- netfilter: allow logging from non-init namespaces (bsc#970083).
- nfsd4: minor NFSv2/v3 write decoding cleanup (bsc#1034670 CVE#2017-7645).
- nfsd: check for oversized NFSv2/v3 arguments (bsc#1034670 CVE#2017-7645).
- nfsd: stricter decoding of write-like NFSv2/v3 ops (bsc#1034670 CVE#2017-7645).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.