This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for sudo fixes the following issues :
- Fix two security vulnerabilities that allowed users to
bypass sudo's NOEXEC functionality :
- noexec bypass via system() and popen() [CVE-2016-7032,
- noexec bypass via wordexp() [CVE-2016-7076, bsc#1007501]
- The SSSD plugin would occasionally crash sudo with an
'internal error'. This issue has been fixed.
- The SSSD plugin would occasionally apply @netgroups
rules from LDAP to all users rather than the @netgroup.
This issue is now fixed. [bsc#966755]
- When the SSSD plugin was used and a local user ran sudo,
an e-mail used to be sent to administrator because SSSD
did not support sudo rules for local users. This message
did not signify an error, however, it was only noise.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.7
Public Exploit Available : true