This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for gd fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-6214: Buffer over-read issue when parsing
crafted TGA file [bsc#991436]
- CVE-2016-6132: read out-of-bands was found in the
parsing of TGA files using libgd [bsc#987577]
- CVE-2016-6128: Invalid color index not properly handled
- CVE-2016-6207: Integer overflow error within
- CVE-2016-6161: global out of bounds read when encoding
gif from malformed input withgd2togif [bsc#988032]
- CVE-2016-5116: avoid stack overflow (read) with large
- CVE-2016-6905: Out-of-bounds read in function
read_image_tga in gd_tga.c [bsc#995034]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.4
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.0
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 93506 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now