This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update to wireshark 1.12.11 fixes a number issues in protocol
dissectors that could have allowed a remote attacker to crash
Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted
packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-22)
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-23)
- The IAX2 dissector could go into an infinite loop
- Wireshark and TShark could exhaust the stack
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-26)
- The NCP dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-28)
- Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed
See also :
Update the affected wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now