This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
The openSUSE 13.2 kernel was updated to receive security and bugfixes.
It also fixes a regression that caused the Chromium sandbox to no
longer work (bsc#965356).
Following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2016-2069: A flaw was discovered in a way the Linux
deals with paging structures. When Linux invalidates a
paging structure that is not in use locally, it could,
in principle, race against another CPU that is switching
to a process that uses the paging structure in question,
causing a local denial service (machine crash).
- CVE-2016-0723: Race condition in the tty_ioctl function
in drivers/tty/tty_io.c in the Linux kernel allowed
local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel
memory or cause a denial of service (use-after-free and
system crash) by making a TIOCGETD ioctl call during
processing of a TIOCSETD ioctl call (bnc#961500).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- Bluetooth: ath3k: workaround the compatibility issue
with xHCI controller (bnc#907378).
- kABI fix for addition of user_namespace.flags field
- userns: Add a knob to disable setgroups on a per user
namespace basis (bnc#965308, bnc#965356).
- userns: Allow setting gid_maps without privilege when
setgroups is disabled (bnc#965308, bnc#965356).
- userns: Rename id_map_mutex to userns_state_mutex
See also :
Update the affected the Linux Kernel packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.6