This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for grub2 provides the following fixes and enhancements :
Security issue fixed :
- Fix buffer overflows when reading username and password.
Non security issues fixed :
- Expand list of grub.cfg search path in PV Xen guests for
systems installed on btrfs snapshots. (bsc#946148,
- Add --image switch to force zipl update to specific
- Do not use shim lock protocol for reading PE header as
it won't be available when secure boot is disabled.
- Make firmware flaw condition be more precisely detected
and add debug message for the case.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-1032=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-1032=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.9
Public Exploit Available : false