This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
The PostreSQL database postgresql93 was updated to the bugfix release
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-5289, bsc#949670: json or jsonb input values
constructed from arbitrary user input can crash the
PostgreSQL server and cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2015-5288, bsc#949669: The crypt() function included
with the optional pgCrypto extension could be exploited
to read a few additional bytes of memory. No working
exploit for this issue has been developed.
For the full release notes, see:
Other bugs fixed :
- Move systemd related stuff and user creation to
- Remove some obsolete %suse_version conditionals.
- Relax dependency on libpq to major version.
- Fix possible failure to recover from an inconsistent
database state. See full release notes for details.
- Fix rare failure to invalidate relation cache init file.
- Avoid deadlock between incoming sessions and CREATE/DROP
- Improve planner's cost estimates for semi-joins and
anti-joins with inner indexscans
- For the full release notes for 9.3.9 see:
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-746=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-746=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-746=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.4
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.7
Public Exploit Available : false