This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
MozillaFirefox was updated to Firefox 36.0.4 to fix two critical
security issues found during Pwn2Own :
- MFSA 2015-28/CVE-2015-0818 (bmo#1144988) Privilege
escalation through SVG navigation
- MFSA 2015-29/CVE-2015-0817 (bmo#1145255) Code execution
Als fixed were the following bugs :
- Copy the icons to /usr/share/icons instead of symlinking
them: in preparation for containerized apps (e.g.
xdg-app) as well as AppStream metadata extraction, there
are a couple locations that need to be real files for
system integration (.desktop files, icons, mime-type
- update to Firefox 36.0.1 Bugfixes :
- Disable the usage of the ANY DNS query type
- Hello may become inactive until restart (bmo#1137469)
- Print preferences may not be preserved (bmo#1136855)
- Hello contact tabs may not be visible (bmo#1137141)
- Accept hostnames that include an underscore character
- WebGL may use significant memory with Canvas2d
- Option -remote has been restored (bmo#1080319)
See also :
Update the affected MozillaFirefox packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5