This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
was updated to version 7.40.0 to fix two security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2014-8150: CRLF injection vulnerability in libcurl
6.0 through 7.x before 7.40.0, when using an HTTP proxy,
allowed remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTTP
headers and conduct HTTP response splitting attacks via
CRLF sequences in a URL (bnc#911363).
- CVE-2014-3707: The curl_easy_duphandle function in
libcurl 7.17.1 through 7.38.0, when running with the
CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS option, did not properly copy
HTTP POST data for an easy handle, which triggered an
out-of-bounds read that allowed remote web servers to
read sensitive memory information (bnc#901924).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- http_digest: Added support for Windows SSPI based authentication
- version info: Added Kerberos V5 to the supported
- Makefile: Added VC targets for WinIDN
- SSL: Add PEM format support for public key pinning
- smtp: Added support for the conversion of Unix newlines
during mail send
- smb: Added initial support for the SMB/CIFS protocol
- Added support for HTTP over unix domain sockets,
- via CURLOPT_UNIX_SOCKET_PATH and --unix-socket
- sasl: Added support for GSS-API based Kerberos V5
See also :
Update the affected curl packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3