This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
- update to 1.10.5
+ bugs fixed :
- Wireshark stops showing new packets but dumpcap keeps
writing them to the temp file.
- Wireshark 1.10.4 shuts down when promiscuous mode is
- Homeplug dissector bug: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
dissector accessed an invalid memory address.
- update to 1.10.4 [bnc#855980]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The SIP dissector could go into an infinite loop.
- The BSSGP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-67
- The NTLMSSP v2 dissector could crash. Discovered by
Garming Sam. wnpa-sec-2013-68 CVE-2013-7114
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed
See also :
Update the affected wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0