This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is a version prior to 17.0.8 and
is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Various errors exist that could allow memory corruption
conditions. (CVE-2013-1701, CVE-2013-1702)
- Use-after-free errors exist related to DOM modification
when using 'SetBody' and generating a 'Certificate
Request Message'. (CVE-2013-1704, CVE-2013-1705)
- Errors exist related to the update service and
'maintenanceservice.exe' that could allow buffer
overflows when handling unexpectedly long path values.
- An error exists in the function 'nsCString::CharAt'
that could allow application crashes when decoding
specially crafted WAV audio files. (CVE-2013-1708)
- Unspecified errors exist related to HTML frames and
handling and web workers using 'XMLHttpRequest' that
could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
(CVE-2013-1709, CVE-2013-1711, CVE-2013-1713,
- An unspecified error exists related to generating
'Certificate Request Message Format' (CRMF) requests
that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
- DLL path loading errors exist related to the update
service, full installer and the stub installer that
could allow execution of arbitrary code.
- An error exists related to Java applets and 'file:///'
URIs that could allow read-only access to arbitrary
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.8 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 69270 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2013-1701
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now