This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier
than 8.0.552.237. Such versions are reportedly affected by multiple
- A browser crash exists in extensions notification
handling. (Issue #58053)
- Bad pointer handling exists in node iteration.
- Multiple crashes exist when printing multi-page PDFs.
- A stale pointer exists with CSS + canvas. (Issue #66560)
- A stale pointer exists with CSS + cursors.
- A use-after-free error exists in PDF handling.
- A stack corruption error exists after PDF out-of-memory
conditions. (Issue #67208)
- A bad memory access issue exists when handling
mismatched video frame sizes. (Issue #67303)
- A stale pointer exists with SVG use element.
- An uninitialized pointer exists in the browser which is
triggered by rogue extensions. (Issue #67393)
- Multiple buffer overflows exist in the Vorbis decoder.
- A buffer overflow exists in PDF shading. (Issue #68170)
- A bad cast exists in anchor handling. (Issue #68178)
- A bad cast exists in video handling. (Issue #68181)
- A stale rendering node exists after DOM node removal.
- A stale pointer exists in speech handling.
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome 8.0.552.237 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 51511 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2011-0470
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now