This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
A number of vulnerabilities were discovered in CVS by Stefan Esser,
Sebastian Krahmer, and Derek Price.
- Insufficient input validation while processing 'Entry' lines.
- A double-free resulting from erroneous state handling while
processing 'Argumentx' commands. (CVE-2004-0416)
- Integer overflow while processing 'Max-dotdot' commands.
- Erroneous handling of empty entries handled while processing
'Notify' commands. (CVE-2004-0418)
- A format string bug while processing CVS wrappers.
- Single-byte buffer underflows while processing configuration files
- Various other integer overflows.
Additionally, iDEFENSE reports an undocumented command-line flag used
in debugging does not perform input validation on the given path
CVS servers ('cvs server' or :pserver: modes) are affected by these
vulnerabilities. They vary in impact but include information
disclosure (the iDEFENSE-reported bug), denial-of-service
(CVE-2004-0414, CVE-2004-0416, CVE-2004-0417 and other bugs), or
possibly arbitrary code execution (CVE-2004-0418). In very special
situations where the attacker may somehow influence the contents of
CVS configuration files in CVSROOT, additional attacks may be
See also :
Update the affected package.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 37427 (freebsd_pkg_d2102505f03d11d881b0000347a4fa7d.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 10499
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now