This script is Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related
An Ethreal Security Advisories reports :
Issues have been discovered in the following protocol dissectors :
- Matevz Pustisek discovered a buffer overflow in the Etheric
dissector. CVE: CAN-2005-0704
- The GPRS-LLC dissector could crash if the 'ignore cipher bit' option
was enabled. CVE: CAN-2005-0705
- Diego Giago discovered a buffer overflow in the 3GPP2 A11 dissector.
This flaw was later reported by Leon Juranic. CVE: CAN-2005-0699
- Leon Juranic discovered a buffer overflow in the IAPP dissector.
- A bug in the JXTA dissector could make Ethereal crash.
- A bug in the sFlow dissector could make Ethereal crash.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 19120 (freebsd_pkg_cb47036894d211d9a9e00001020eed82.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 12759
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now