This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for unrar to version 5.5 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2012-6706: fixes VMSF_DELTA memory corruption
- Based on RAR 5.50 beta1
- Added extraction support for .LZ archives created by
- Modern TAR tools can store high precision file times,
lengthy file names and large file sizes in special PAX
extended headers inside of TAR archive. Now WinRAR
supports such PAX headers and uses them when extracting
- unrar no longer fails to unpack files in ZIP archives
compressed with XZ algorithm and encrypted with AES
- Based on final RAR 5.40.
- If RAR recovery volumes (.rev files) are present in the
same folder as usual RAR volumes, archive test command
verifies .rev contents after completing testing .rar
files. If you wish to test only .rev files without
checking .rar volumes, you can run: `unrar t
- If -p switch is used without optional <pwd> parameter, a
password can be also set with file redirection or pipe.
- unrar treats 'arcname.partN' as 'arcname.partN.rar' if
'arcname.partN' does not exist and 'arcname.part#.rar'
exists. For example, it is allowed to run: `unrar x
arcname.part01` to start extraction from
See also :
Update the affected unrar packages.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0