This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for postgresql94 to 9.4.12 fixes the following issues:
Upstream changelogs :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-7486: Restrict visibility of
pg_user_mappings.umoptions, to protect passwords stored
as user mapping options. (bsc#1037624) Please note that
manual action is needed to fix this in existing
databases See the upstream release notes for details.
- CVE-2017-7485: recognize PGREQUIRESSL variable again.
- CVE-2017-7484: Prevent exposure of statistical
information via leaky operators. (bsc#1037603) Changes
in version 9.4.12 :
- Build corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
- Fixes for visibility and write-ahead-log stability
Changes in version 9.4.10 :
- Fix WAL-logging of truncation of relation free space
maps and visibility maps
- Fix incorrect creation of GIN index WAL records on
- Fix SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE to correctly lock tuples
that have been updated by a subsequently-aborted
- Fix EvalPlanQual rechecks involving CTE scans
- Fix improper repetition of previous results from hashed
aggregation in a subquery The libraries libpq and
libecpg are now supplied by postgresql 9.6.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.1
Public Exploit Available : true