This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for java-1_7_1-ibm fixes the following issues: Version
update to 7.1-4.5 bsc#1038505
- CVE-2016-9840: zlib: Out-of-bounds pointer arithmetic in
- CVE-2016-9841: zlib: Out-of-bounds pointer arithmetic in
- CVE-2016-9842: zlib: Undefined left shift of negative
- CVE-2016-9843: zlib: Big-endian out-of-bounds pointer
- CVE-2017-1289: IBM JDK: XML External Entity Injection
(XXE) error when processing XML data
- CVE-2017-3509: OpenJDK: improper re-use of NTLM
- CVE-2017-3511: OpenJDK: untrusted extension directories
search path in Launcher
- CVE-2017-3539: OpenJDK: MD5 allowed for jar verification
- CVE-2017-3533: OpenJDK: newline injection in the FTP
- CVE-2017-3544: OpenJDK: newline injection in the SMTP
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.5
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 100378 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now