This self-paced course provides security professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to deploy and configure a single Nessus scanner on the network. Students will perform a host discovery scan, basic network vulnerability scan, credentialed scan of a Windows target, a Windows compliance scan, and a mobile device scan.
- IT security analysts, security consultants, or auditors who wish to become familiar with Nessus' core features and basic functionality
- SecurityCenter users that wish to gain a general understanding of Nessus functionality and policy creation
- Deployment strategy
- Licensing and download
- Activation and configuration
- Network and credentialed scanning
- Scan functionality
- Scan creation
- Policy creation
- Report generation
- Compliance overview
- Windows compliance
- Mobile device analysis
Students should have administrative access to their machine and possess a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, operating systems security, and common client/server applications.
This course provides students with the necessary information to prepare for the Tenable Certified Nessus User (TCNU) exam. It also provides valuable information relevant to the Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) exam. The TCNA exam is more in depth and covers topics from all of our Nessus on demand courses. To take either exam, students need to be familiar with the Nessus software and documentation, and we recommend taking the online courses. Please note that the exams are available separately at an additional charge.
- This course is credited with 4 hours of security e-learning. A course completion certificate is issued at the end of the course. If you intend to apply this course towards CPE credits, you should secure the certificate of completion. Remember that the governing certification body (ISC2, SANS, PCI DSS, …) determines the amount of CPE credits awarded.
- If you cancel your order, there will be a restocking fee. Please contact us to determine the fee.
- On demand training must be registered within 6 months of purchase and completed within 90 days of registration.
- View the detailed course requirements.
Training Location and Time
Tenable's on demand training courses provide a self-paced learning environment in which students can hear a course lecture, view demo videos, and complete exercises in a hands-on lab environment from the comfort of their own home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This delivery method is ideal for the busy security or compliance professional who needs to quickly improve their skills without a large investment.