SynopsisThe remote host has an email client installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Mozilla Thunderbird prior to 31.7 are prone to the following vulnerabilities :
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the Inter-process Communications (IPC) implementation due to a failure to validate the identity of a listener process. (MFSA2015-57)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist within the browser engine. A remote attacker can exploit these to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2708)
- A buffer overflow condition exists in 'SVGTextFrame.cpp' when rendering SVG graphics that are combined with certain CSS properties due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2710)
- A use-after-free error exists due to improper processing of text when vertical text is enabled. A remote attacker can exploit this to dereference already freed memory. (CVE-2015-2713)
- A buffer overflow condition exists in the 'XML_GetBuffer()' function in xmlparse.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input when handling compressed XML content. An attacker can exploit this to cause a buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2716)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 31.7 or later.