Mozilla Thunderbird < 31.7 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 83464
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Thunderbird installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 31.7. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the Inter-process Communications (IPC) implementation due to a failure to validate the identity of a listener process. (CVE-2011-3079)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist within the browser engine. A remote attacker can exploit these to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code.
- A buffer overflow condition exists in SVGTextFrame.cpp when rendering SVG graphics that are combined with certain CSS properties due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2710)
- A use-after-free error exists due to improper processing of text when vertical text is enabled. A remote attacker can exploit this to dereference already freed memory.
- A buffer overflow condition exists in the XML_GetBuffer() function in xmlparse.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input when handling compressed XML content. An attacker can exploit this to cause a buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2716)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 31.7 or later.