Oracle Java SE 5 < Update 82 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8751
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a critical Oracle Java SE patch update.
DescriptionThe Oracle Java SE installed on the remote host is version 5 prior to Update 82; therefore, it is affected by multiple vulnerabilities. While the details of these vulnerabilities are not currently known, the vendor has acknowledged that confidentiality, integrity, and availability can be impacted remotely. The components affected by these vulnerabilities are:
- 2D running on client deployments of Oracle Java (CVE-2015-0491, CVE-2015-0459, CVE-2015-0469)
- Beans running on both client and server deployments of Java Secure Socket Extension (CVE-2015-0477)
- Hotspot running on client deployments of Oracle Java (CVE-2015-0460)
- JSSE running on client or server deployments of Oracle Java (CVE-2015-0488)
- Tools running on client deployments of Oracle Java (CVE-2015-0480)
- JCE running on client or server deployments of Oracle Java (CVE-2015-0478)
SolutionUpdate to Oracle Java SE 1.5.0_82 or later.