Safari < 6.2.5 / 7.1.5 / 8.0.5 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8696
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a critical Safari patch update.
DescriptionThe version of Safari installed on the remote host is prior to 6.2.5 / 7.1.5 / 8.0.5 and is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists in the state management which can result in the user's browser history not being fully purged from 'history.plist'. (CVE-2015-1112)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist in WebKit due to improperly validated user-supplied input. A remote attacker, using a specially crafted website, can exploit these issues to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-1119, CVE-2015-1120, CVE-2015-1121, CVE-2015-1122, CVE-2015-1124)
- A flaw exists in Webkit when handling credentials for FTP URLs. A remote attacker, using a specially crafted website, can cause the resources of another origin to be accessed. (CVE-2015-1126)
- A flaw exists in the state management which can cause a user's browsing history to be indexed while in private mode. An attacker can use this to gain information on the sites that were visited. (CVE-2015-1127)
- A flaw exists with push notification requests while in private browsing mode that can reveal a user's browsing history when responding to notifications.(CVE-2015-1128)
- A flaw in client certificate matching allows a remote attacker, using a specially crafted website, to track a user's web traffic.(CVE-2015-1129)
SolutionUpgrade to Safari 6.2.5 / 7.1.5 / 8.0.5 or later.