SynopsisThe remote host is utilizing a web browser that is outdated and thus unpatched for multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is a version prior to 41.0.2272.76 and is thus missing fixes for the following vulnerabilities :
- A security feature bypass vulnerability, known as FREAK (Factoring attack on RSA-EXPORT Keys), exists due to the support of weak EXPORT_RSA cipher suites with keys less than or equal to 512 bits. A man-in-the-middle attacker may be able to downgrade the SSL/TLS connection to use EXPORT_RSA cipher suites which can be factored in a short amount of time, allowing the attacker to intercept and decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-0204)
- Multiple security issues were discovered in V8. If a user were tricked in to opening a specially crafted website, an attacker could potentially exploit these to read uninitialized memory, cause a denial of service via renderer crash or execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the sandboxed render process. (CVE-2015-2238)
- Multiple unspecified security issues were reported after internal code audits and fuzzing. If a user were tricked in to opening a specially crafted website, an attacker could potentially exploit these to read uninitialized memory, cause a denial of service via application crash or execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user invoking the program. (CVE-2015-1231)
- An out-of-bounds write flaw exists due to an array index error in the DispatchSendMidiData() function that occurs when handling a port index supplied by a renderer. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2015-1232)
- Multiple out-of-bounds write errors exist in skia filters and media. (CVE-2015-1212, CVE-2015-1213, CVE-2015-1214, CVE-2015-1215)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist in v8 bindings, DOM, GIF decoder, web databases, and service workers, which allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-1216, CVE-2015-1218, CVE-2015-1220, CVE-2015-1221, CVE-2015-1222, CVE-2015-1223)
- Multiple type confusion errors exist in v8 bindings that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-1217, CVE-2015-1230)
- An integer overflow error exists in the WebGL that allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-1219)
- Multiple out-of-bounds read errors exist in VPXdecoder and PDFium that allow unauthorized access to information. (CVE-2015-1224, CVE-2015-1225)
- A validation error exists in the debugger. (CVE-2015-1226)
- Multiple uninitialized value errors exist in blink and rendering. (CVE-2015-1227, CVE-2015-1228)
- A cookie-injection vulnerability exists due to a failure to properly handle a 407 HTTP status code accompanied by a Set-Cookie header. (CVE-2015-1229)
- A security bypass flaw exists to allow spoofing due to improper interaction between the '1993 search' features and 'restore-from-disk RELOAD' transitions when Instant Extended mode is used. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to spoof the address bar contents for a search-results page. (CVE-2015-2239)
SolutionUpdate the Chrome browser to 41.0.2272.76, or later.