SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionVersions of PHP 5.5.x earlier than 5.5.16, or PHP 5.4.x earlier than 5.4.32 are prone to multiple vulnerabilities, some of which include:
- LibGD contains a NULL pointer dereference flaw in the 'gdxpm.c' file, which could be leveraged to cause denial of service. (CVE-2014-2497)
- Denial of service related to an insufficient patch for CVE-2013-7345; it is still possible for an attacker to cause denial of service via a crafted input file that causes excessive matching by awk regular expression rules. (CVE-2014-3538)
- An integer overflow flaw exists in the 'cdf.c' file, which could be leveraged via a specially crafted CDF file to cause denial of service. (CVE-2014-3587)
- There are multiple buffer overflow flaws in the 'dns.c' file related to the 'dns_get_record' and 'dn_expand' functions. By using a specially crafted DNS record, a remote attacker could exploit these to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-3597)
- Several use-after-free issues in the SPL component that could be leveraged to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-4670, CVE-2014-4698)
- There exist multiple flaws in the GD component within the 'gd_ctx.c' file where user-supplied input is not properly validated to ensure that pathnames lack %00 sequences. By using specially crafted input, a remote attacker could overwrite arbitrary files. (CVE-2014-5120)
SolutionApply the vendor patch or upgrade to PHP version 5.5.16, or 5.4.32, or later.
Nessus ID: 77402
Temporal Vector: CVSS2#E:ND/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:X/RL:O/RC:C
Patch Publication Date: 7/31/2014
Vulnerability Publication Date: 7/31/2014
CVE: CVE-2014-3597, CVE-2014-4670, CVE-2014-4698, CVE-2014-3587, CVE-2014-3538, CVE-2014-2497, CVE-2014-5120
BID: 68511, 68513, 69322, 69325, 66406, 68348, 66233, 69375