Mozilla Firefox < 31.0 / Firefox ESR < 24.7 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8333
SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Mozilla Firefox earlier than 31.0 (or ESR version 24.7) are unpatched for the following vulnerabilities :
- A potentially exploitable crash when scaling high quality images, due to image data being discarded while in use by the scaling operation (CVE-2014-1557)
- Use-after-free errors when handling certificates in the trusted cache, triggering a FireOnStateChang event in certain circumstances, when rendering MathML content in DirectWrite handling certain fonts, and buffering Web Audio playback can be leveraged to crash the application and, in some cases, execute arbitrary code (CVE-2014-1544, CVE-2014-1555, CVE-2014-1551, CVE-2014-1550)
- Bypass of the iframe element sandbox via network-level redirects, which can allow unauthorized access to content without explicit approval (CVE-2014-1552)
- Issues with parsing SSL certificates when non-standard characters are present, which can lead to a potential inability to use valid SSL certificates (CVE-2014-1558, CVE-2014-1559, CVE-2014-1560)
- Potentially exploitable buffer overflow when interacting with Web Audio buffer for playback, due to an error in the amount of memory allocated for buffers (CVE-2014-1549)
- Other miscellaneous memory issues that have since been fixed (CVE-2014-1547, CVE-2014-1548)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 31.0 (or Firefox ESR versions 24.7, as appropriate), or later.