SeaMonkey < 2.26 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8214
SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of SeaMonkey earlier than 2.26 are unpatched against the following vulnerabilities:
- Use-after-free vulnerabilities in nsHostResolver, imgLoader, and Text Track Manager (for HTML video), which can crash with a potentially exploitable condition (CVE-2014-1532, CVE-2014-1531, CVE-2014-1525)
- A potentially exploitable out-of-bounds write in Cairo, a potentially exploitable out-of-bounds read issue with Web Audio, and a non-exploitable out-of-bounds read when decoding JPG images (CVE-2014-1528, CVE-2014-1522, CVE-2014-1523)
- Improper wildcard matching of domains in the Network Security Services (NSS library), which has since been fixed by updating to version 3.16 (CVE-2014-1492)
- Potential privilege escalation via Xray Wrappers bypass, which can occur if a user used the debugger to interact with a malicious page (CVE-2014-1526)
- Privilege escalation for scripts when sites that have been granted notification permissions by a user can bypass security checks on source components for the Web Notification API (CVE-2014-1529)
- A potentially exploitable buffer overflow when a script uses a non-XBL object as an XBL object (CVE-2014-1524)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability using browser navigations through history to load a website with the page's base URI pointing to a different site (CVE-2014-1530)
- Various memory safety hazards (CVE-2014-1518, CVE-2014-1519)
SolutionUpgrade to SeaMonkey 2.26, or later.