Google Chrome OS < 33.0.1750.152 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8202
SynopsisThe remote mobile host was detected using an outdated version of the Chrome OS.
DescriptionChrome OS version 33.0.1750.152 (Platform version: 5116.115.4/5116.115.5) was released with fixes for the following security vulnerabilities :
- Memory corruption in V8 via the builtin ArrayBuffer property access, which can lead to remote code execution (CVE-2014-1705)
- Command injection in Crosh via the try_touch_experiment function, which may allow a context-dependent attacker to run arbitrary commands (CVE-2014-1706)
- Path traversal issue in CrosDisk due to insufficient user input sanitation when mounting a source (CVE-2014-1707)
- Issue with file persistence at boot, relating to a flaw in dump_vpd_log (CVE-2014-1708)
- Memory corruption flaw in the AsyncPixelTransfersCompletedQuery::End() function in the GPU command buffer, which a context-dependent attacker can leverage to run arbitrary code (CVE-2014-1710)
- Out-of-bounds write in the GPU driver, which can be leveraged to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2014-1711)
- Use-after-free error in Blink bindings used in the V8 engine, which can be leveraged to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2014-1713)
SolutionUpdate Chrome OS to version 33.0.1750.152 or later.