Mozilla Firefox < 26.0 / Firefox ESR 24.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8070
SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Mozilla Firefox earlier than 26.0 (or ESR versions earlier than 24.2) are prone to the following vulnerabilities :
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (CVE-2013-5609, CVE-2013-5610)
- Application Installation doorhanger does not get properly dismissed, which can be leveraged to trick a user into installing an application from one site while thinking it originated from another (CVE-2013-5611)
- Potential XSS vulnerability via cross-domain inheritance of charset (CVE-2013-5612)
- Sandbox restrictions are not properly applied to nested object elements, which could be leveraged to bypass restrictions (CVE-2013-5614)
- Use-after-free in event listeners, table editing user interface, synthetic mouse movement can lead to a potentially exploitable crash (CVE-2013-5616, CVE-2013-5613, CVE-2013-5618)
- Segmentation violation when replacing ordered list elements in a document via script can lead to a potentially exploitable crash (CVE-2013-6671)
- On Linux systems, clipboard content may be made accessible to web content when a user pastes a selection with a middle-click, which can lead to information disclosure (CVE-2013-6672)
- Extended validation root certificates remain trusted even if the user has explicitly removes the trust. (CVE-2013-6673)
- GetElementIC typed arrays can be generated outside observed typesets, with unknown security impact (CVE-2013-5615)
- Issues in the JPEG image processing library can allow arbitrary memory to be read, as well as cross-domain theft (CVE-2013-6629, CVE-2013-6630)
- An intermediary CA that is chained up to a root within Mozilla's root store was revoked for supplying an intermediate certificate that allowed a man-in-the-middle proxy to perform traffic management of domain names and IP addresses the certificate holder did not own or control.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 26.0 (or Firefox ESR versions 24.2, as appropriate), or later.