SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox ESR version 24.4 is now patched against multiple vulnerabilities, the most critical of which include:
- Out-of-bounds read/write access through ArrayBuffer objects, as well as out-of-bounds write access through TypedArrayObject, which enable remote code execution (CVE-2014-1513, CVE-2014-1514)
- Use-after-free error in TypeObject due to possible memory corruption during Garbage Collection in the JS engine, which can be exploited for arbitrary code execution (CVE-2014-1512)
- Privilege escalation using Web-IDL to call JS function 'window.open()', as well as a bug allowing bypass of the popup-blocker without user interaction, could allow an attacker to run arbitrary code with full privileges of the browser (CVE-2014-1510, CVE-2014-1511)
- Out-of-bounds read during polygon rendering in MathML can be leveraged for information disclosure of protected memory address, especially when combined with timing attacks via SVG filters and displacement input to 'feDisplacementMap' (CVE-2014-1505, CVE-2014-1508)
- Out-of-bounds read access during WAV file decoding could allow web countent to access heap data or cause a crash (CVE-2014-1497)
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (CVE-2014-1493, CVE-2014-1494)
Additionally, numerous other vulnerabilities have been patched. See reference links for details.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox ESR versions 24.4, or later.