Apache 2.2 < 2.2.22 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 6302
SynopsisThe remote web server is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Apache 2.2 earlier than 2.2.22 are potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- When configured as a reverse proxy, improper use of the RewriteRule and ProxyPasssMatch directives could cause the web server to proxy requests to arbitrary hosts. This could allow a remote attacker to indirectly send request to intranet servers. (CVE-2011-3368, CVE-2011-4317)
- A heap-based buffer overflow exists when mod_setenvif module is enabled and both a maliciously crafted 'SetEnvIf' directive and a maliciously crafted HTTP request header are used. (CVE-2011-3607)
- A format string handling error can allow the server to be crashed via maliciously crafted cookies. (CVE-2012-0021)
- An error exists in 'scoreboard.c' that can allow local attackers to crash the server during shutdown. (CVE-2012-0031)
- An error exists in 'protocol.c' that can allow 'HTTPOnly' cookies to be exposed to attackers through the malicious use of either long or malformed HTTP headers. (CVE-2012-0053)
- An error in the mod_proxy_ajp module when used to connect to a backend server that takes an overly long time to respond could lead to a temporary denial of service. (CVE-2012-4557)
SolutionUpgrade to Apache version 2.2.22 or later.