Mozilla Thunderbird < 6.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 6010
SynopsisThe remote host has an email client installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Mozilla Thunderbird prior to 6.0 are affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2985, CVE-2011-2989, CVE-2011-2991, CVE-2011-2992)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL when using an overly long shader program. (CVE-2011-2988)
- A heap overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL's ANGLE library. (CVE-2011-2987)
- A cross-origin data theft vulnerability exists when using canvas and Windows D2D hardware acceleration. (CVE-2011-2986)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 6.0 or later.