Winamp < 5.60 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 5717
SynopsisThe remote host has a media player installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host is running Winamp, a media player for Windows.
Versions of Winamp earlier than 5.6 are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An integer overflow vulnerability exists in the 'in_nsv.dll' plugin when parsing the table of contents of a NullSoft Video (NSV) stream or file. (CVE-2010-2586)
- A heap-base buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the 'in_midi.dll' plugin when parsing MIDI content. (CVE-2010-4370)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the 'in_mod' plugin and is related to the comment box. (CVE-2010-4371)
- An integer overflow vulnerability exists in the 'in_nsv plugin due to improper memory allocation for Nullsoft Video (NSV) metadata. (CVE-2010-4372)
- An error exists in the 'in_mp4' plugin which allows remote attackers to use either crafted metadata or album art in an MP4 file to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2010-4373)
- An error exists in the 'in_mkv' plugin which allows remote attackers to use a crafted Matroska Video (MKV) file to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2010-4374)
SolutionUpgrade to Winamp 5.60 or later.