CUPS < 1.4.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 5574
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host is running CUPS, an open source print server.
Versions of CUPS earlier than 1.4.4 are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
- The texttops filter does not check the results of memory allocations. (STR #3715)
- A use-after-free vulnerability in the abstract file-descriptor handling interface. Note that this is related to an incomplete patch for CVE-2009-3553. (STR #3490)
- In certain instances, the web interface can disclose the contents of memory. (STR #3577)
- CUPS can overwrite files as root in directories not owned or writeable by non-root users. (STR #3510)
- An infinite loop can occur when CUPS is not compiled with HAVE_GSSAPI. (STR #3518)
SolutionUpgrade to CUPS 1.4.4 or later.