Safari < 4.0.3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 5125
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe version of Safari installed on the remote host is earlier than 4.0.3. Such versions are potentially affected by several issues :
- A buffer overflow exists in the handling of EXIF metadata could lead to a crash or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2009-2188)
- A vulnerability in WebKit's parsing of floating point numbers may allow for remote code execution. (CVE-2009-2195)
- A vulnerability in Safari may let a malicious website to be promoted in Safari's Top Sites. (CVE-2009-2196)
- A vulnerability in how WebKit renders an URL with look alike characters could be used to masquerade a website. (CVE-2009-2199)
- A vulnerability in WebKit may lead to the disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2009-2200)
- A heap buffer overflow in CoreGraphics involving the drawing of long text strings could lead to a crash or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2009-2468)
SolutionUpgrade to Safari 4.0.3 or later.