Mozilla Firefox < 3.0.9 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 4998
SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 3.0.9. Such versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple remote memory corruption vulnerabilities exist that can be exploited to execute arbitrary code in the context of the user running the affected application. (MFSA 2009-14)
- A flaw may exist where Unicode box drawing characters are allowed in Internationalized Domain Names where they could be visually confused with punctuation used in valid web addresses. An attacker can leverage this to launch a phishing-type scam against a victim. (MFSA 2009-15)
- A vulnerability exists when the 'jar:' scheme is used to wrap a URI which serves the content with 'Content-Disposition: attachment'. An attacker can leverage this to subvert sites which use this mechanism to mitigate content injection attacks. (MFSA 2009-16)
- When an Adobe Flash file is loaded via the 'view-source:' scheme, the Flash plugin misinterprets the origin of the content as localhost. An attacker can leverage this to launch cross-site request forgery attacks. It is also possible to exploit this to place cookie-like objects on victims' computers. (MFSA 2009-17)
- A vulnerability exists that allows attackers to inject arbitrary scripts into sites via XBL bindings. This vulnerability requires the attacker to have the ability to embed third-party stylesheets into the site. (MFSA 2009-18)
- Multiple remote code execution vulnerabilities exist caused by the creation of documents whose URI does not match the document's principle using XMLHttpRequest, as well as a flaw in the 'XPCNativeWrapper.ToString' '__proto__' coming from the wrong scope. (MFSA 2009-19)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists when saving the inner frame of a web page as a file when the outer page has POST data associated with it. (MFSA 2009-21)
SolutionUpgrade to version 3.0.9 or higher.