Flash Player APSB08-18 / APSB08-20 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 4746
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a browser plugin that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version number, an instance of Flash Player on the remote Windows host is 220.127.116.11 or earlier. Such versions are potentially affected by several vulnerabilities :
- A potential port-scanning issue. (CVE-2007-4324)
- Possible privilege escalation attacks against web servers hosting Flash content and cross-domain policy files. (CVE-2007-6243)
- Potential Clipboard attacks. (CVE-2008-3873)
- FileReference upload and download APIs that don't require user interaction. (CVE-2008-4401)
- A 'Clickjacking' issue that could be abused by an attacker to lure a web browser user into unknowingly clicking on a link or dialog. (CVE-2008-4503)
- A potential cross-site scripting vulnerability. (CVE-2008-4818)
- A potential issue that could be leveraged to conduct a DNS rebinding attack. (CVE-2008-4819)
- An information disclosure issue affecting only the ActiveX control. (CVE-2008-4820)
- An information disclosure issue involving interpretation of the 'jar: ' protocol and affecting only the plugin for Mozilla browsers. (CVE-2008-4821)
- An issue with policy file interpretation could potentially lead to bypass of a non-root domain policy. (CVE-2008-4822)
- A potential HTML injection issue involving an ActionScript attribute. (CVE-2008-4823)
SolutionUpgrade to Flash Player version 10.0.12.36 / 18.104.22.168 or higher.