New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) implementation freed SKB (socket buffer) resources for a DCCP_PKT_REQUEST packet when the IPV6_RECVPKTINFO option is set on the socket. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to alter the kernel memory, allowing them to escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2017-6074)
- The tcp_splice_read function in net/ipv4/tcp.c in the Linux kernel before 4.9.11 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and soft lockup) via vectors involving a TCP packet with the URG flag.(CVE-2017-6214)
- The do_shmat function in ipc/shm.c in the Linux kernel through 4.9.12 does not restrict the address calculated by a certain rounding operation, which allows local users to map page zero, and consequently bypass a protection mechanism that exists for the mmap system call, by making crafted shmget and shmat system calls in a privileged context.(CVE-2017-5669)
- The hashbin_delete function in net/irda/irqueue.c in the Linux kernel before 4.9.13 improperly manages lock dropping, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (deadlock) via crafted operations on IrDA devices.(CVE-2017-6348)
- Race condition in drivers/tty/n_hdlc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.10.1 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (double free) by setting the HDLC line discipline.(CVE-2017-2636)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.