New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the compat-libtiff3 package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The (1) putcontig8bitYCbCr21tile function in tif_getimage.c or (2) NeXTDecode function in tif_next.c in LibTIFF allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access) via a crafted TIFF image, as demonstrated by libtiff-cvs-1.tif and libtiff-cvs-2.tif.(CVE-2014-8127,CVE-2014-8129,CVE-2014
- A flaw was discovered in the bmp2tiff utility. By tricking a user into processing a specially crafted file, a remote attacker could exploit this flaw to cause a crash or memory corruption and, possibly, execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the libtiff tool.(CVE-2014-9330,CVE-2015-7554,CVE-2015-8668,CVE-201 5-8665,CVE-2015-8781,CVE-2016-3632,CVE-2016-3945,CVE-20 16-3990,CVE-2016-3991,CVE-2016-5320,CVE-2016-5652,CVE-2 015-8683)
- tools/tiffcp.c in libtiff has an out-of-bounds write on tiled images with odd tile width versus image width.
Reported as MSVR 35103, aka 'cpStripToTile heap-buffer-overflow.'(CVE-2016-9540)
- tif_predict.h and tif_predict.c in libtiff have assertions that can lead to assertion failures in debug mode, or buffer overflows in release mode, when dealing with unusual tile size like YCbCr with subsampling.
Reported as MSVR 35105, aka 'Predictor heap-buffer-overflow.'(CVE-2016-9535,CVE-2016-9533,CVE- 2016-9534,CVE-2016-9536,CVE-2016-9537)
- The NeXTDecode function in tif_next.c in LibTIFF allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access) via a crafted TIFF image, as demonstrated by libtiff5.tif.(CVE-2015-1547)
- The NeXTDecode function in tif_next.c in LibTIFF allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) via a crafted TIFF image, as demonstrated by libtiff5.tif.(CVE-2015-8784)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected compat-libtiff3 packages.