EulerOS 2.0 SP1 : java-1.7.0-openjdk (EulerOS-SA-2016-1080)
High Nessus Plugin ID 99840
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the java-1.7.0-openjdk packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was discovered that the Libraries component of OpenJDK did not restrict the set of algorithms used for JAR integrity verification. This flaw could allow an attacker to modify content of the JAR file that used weak signing key or hash algorithm.(CVE-2016-5542)
- A flaw was found in the way the JMX component of OpenJDK handled classloaders. An untrusted Java application or applet could use this flaw to bypass certain Java sandbox restrictions.(CVE-2016-5554)
- It was discovered that the Hotspot component of OpenJDK did not properly check received Java Debug Wire Protocol (JDWP) packets. An attacker could possibly use this flaw to send debugging commands to a Java program running with debugging enabled if they could make victim's browser send HTTP requests to the JDWP port of the debugged application.(CVE-2016-5573)
- It was discovered that the Hotspot component of OpenJDK did not properly check arguments of the System.arraycopy() function in certain cases. An untrusted Java application or applet could use this flaw to corrupt virtual machine's memory and completely bypass Java sandbox restrictions.(CVE-2016-5582)
- A flaw was found in the way the Networking component of OpenJDK handled HTTP proxy authentication. A Java application could possibly expose HTTPS server authentication credentials via a plain text network connection to an HTTP proxy if proxy asked for authentication.(CVE-2016-5597)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.7.0-openjdk packages.