New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAccording to the version of the vzkernel package and the readykernel-patch installed, the Virtuozzo installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that keyctl_set_reqkey_keyring() function leaked thread keyring which could allow an unprivileged local user to exhaust kernel memory.
- net/sctp/socket.c in the Linux kernel through 4.10.1 did not properly restrict association peel-off operations during certain wait states, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (invalid unlock and double free) via a multithreaded application.
- Race condition in the sctp_wait_for_sndbuf function in net/sctp/socket.c in the Linux kernel before 4.9.11 could allow local users to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and panic) via a multithreaded application that peeled off an association in a certain buffer-full state.
- Andrey Konovalov discovered that signed integer overflows existed in the setsockopt() system call when handling the SO_SNDBUFFORCE and SO_RCVBUFFORCE options.
A local attacker with the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash or memory corruption).
- A vulnerability was discovered in the handling of pid namespaces in the kernel. A privileged user inside a container could trigger a kernel crash (NULL pointer dereference in proc_flush_task()) using a sequence of system calls including wait4().
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Virtuozzo security advisory.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the readykernel patch.