Adobe Acrobat < 11.0.20 / 2015.006.30306 / 2017.009.20044 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB17-11) (macOS)
High Nessus Plugin ID 99375
SynopsisThe version of Adobe Acrobat installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Adobe Acrobat installed on the remote macOS or Mac OS X host is a version prior to 11.0.20, 2015.006.30306, 2017.009.20044. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple use-after-free errors exists that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-3014, CVE-2017-3026, CVE-2017-3027, CVE-2017-3035, CVE-2017-3047, CVE-2017-3057)
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2017-3042, CVE-2017-3048, CVE-2017-3049, CVE-2017-3055)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-3015, CVE-2017-3017, CVE-2017-3018, CVE-2017-3019, CVE-2017-3023, CVE-2017-3024, CVE-2017-3025, CVE-2017-3028, CVE-2017-3030, CVE-2017-3036, CVE-2017-3037, CVE-2017-3038, CVE-2017-3039, CVE-2017-3040, CVE-2017-3041, CVE-2017-3044, CVE-2017-3050, CVE-2017-3051, CVE-2017-3054, CVE-2017-3056, CVE-2017-3065)
- Multiple integer overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-3011, CVE-2017-3034)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an an attacker to disclose memory address information.
(CVE-2017-3020, CVE-2017-3021, CVE-2017-3022, CVE-2017-3029, CVE-2017-3031, CVE-2017-3032, CVE-2017-3033, CVE-2017-3043, CVE-2017-3045, CVE-2017-3046, CVE-2017-3052, CVE-2017-3053)
- A flaw exists due the use of an insecure directory search path. An attacker can potentially exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-3012, CVE-2017-3013)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Acrobat 11.0.20 / 2015.006.30306 / 2017.009.20044 or later.