OracleVM 3.3 / 3.4 : gnutls (OVMSA-2017-0054)
High Nessus Plugin ID 99081
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- Upgraded to 2.12.23 to incorporate multiple TLS 1.2 fixes (#1326389, #1326073, #1323215, #1320982, #1328205, #1321112)
- Modified gnutls-serv to accept --sni-hostname (#1333521)
- Modified gnutls-serv to always reply with an alert message (#1327656)
- Removed support for DSA2 as it causes interoperability issues (#1321112)
- Allow sending and receiving certificates which were not in the signature algorithms extension (#1328205)
- Removed support for EXPORT ciphersuites (#1337460)
- Raised the minimum acceptable DH size to 1024 (#1335924)
- Restricted the number of alert that can be received during handshake (#1388730)
- Added fixes for OpenPGP parsing issues (CVE-2017-5337, CVE-2017-5336, CVE-2017-5335)
- The exposed (but internal) crypto back-end registration API is deprecated and no longer functional. The ABI is kept compatible (#1415682)
SolutionUpdate the affected gnutls / gnutls-utils packages.