Virtuozzo 7 : readykernel-patch (VZA-2017-007)
High Nessus Plugin ID 97979
SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAccording to the version of the vzkernel package and the readykernel-patch installed, the Virtuozzo installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A double free vulnerability was found in netlink_dump, which could cause a denial of service or possibly other unspecified impact.
- It was discovered that the Linux kernel since 3.6-rc1 with 'net.ipv4.tcp_fastopen' set to 1 can hit BUG() statement in tcp_collapse() function after making a number of certain syscalls leading to a possible system crash.
- A flaw was found in the way nfnetlink validated length of batch messages that could allow a user logged in to a container as root to cause a general protection fault and crash the host.
- A flaw was found in the way nfnetlink handled errors while processing batch messages that could allow a user logged in to a container as root to trigger use after free and crash the host.
- A security flaw was found in the Linux kernel that an attempt to move page mapped by AIO ring buffer to the other node triggers NULL pointer dereference at trace_writeback_dirty_page(), because aio_fs_backing_dev_info.dev is 0.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Virtuozzo security advisory.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the readykernel patch.