New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Windows host is affected multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is missing a security update. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Device Guard due to improper validation of certain elements in a signed PowerShell script. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability to modify the contents of a PowerShell script without invalidating the signature associated with the file, allowing the execution of a malicious script. (CVE-2017-0007)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Server Message Block 2.0 and 3.0 (SMBv2/SMBv3) client implementations due to improper handling of certain requests sent to the client. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this issue, via a malicious SMB server, to cause the system to stop responding until it is manually restarted. (CVE-2017-0016)
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists due to using an insecure path to load certain dynamic link library (DLL) files. A local attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted library placed in the path, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-0039)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in Windows dnsclient due to improper handling of certain requests. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, by convincing a user to visit a specially crafted web page, to gain access to sensitive information on a targeted workstation. If the target is a server, the attacker can also exploit this issue by tricking the server into sending a DNS query to a malicious DNS server. (CVE-2017-0057)
- An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in Helppane.exe due to a failure by an unspecified DCOM object, configured to run as the interactive user, to properly authenticate the client. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted application, to execute arbitrary code in another user's session. (CVE-2017-0100)
- An integer overflow condition exists in the iSNS Server service due to improper validation of input from the client. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this issue, via a specially crafted application that connects and issues requests to the iSNS server, to execute arbitrary code in the context of the SYSTEM account. (CVE-2017-0104)
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows Vista, 2008, 7, 2008 R2, 2012, 8.1, RT 8.1, 2012 R2, 10, and 2016.