New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- kvm-cirrus-fix-patterncopy-checks.patch [bz#1420486 bz#1420488]
- kvm-Revert-cirrus-allow-zero-source-pitch-in-pattern-fil .patch
- kvm-cirrus-add-blit_is_unsafe-call-to-cirrus_bitblt_cput .patch
- Resolves: bz#1420486 (EMBARGOED CVE-2017-2620 qemu-kvm:
Qemu: display: cirrus: potential arbitrary code execution via cirrus_bitblt_cputovideo [rhel-6.8.z])
- Resolves: bz#1420488 (EMBARGOED CVE-2017-2620 qemu-kvm-rhev: Qemu: display: cirrus: potential arbitrary code execution via cirrus_bitblt_cputovideo [rhel-6.8.z])
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-img package.