New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Mozilla Thunderbird installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 45.7. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Mozilla developers and community members Christian Holler, Gary Kwong, Andre Bargull, Jan de Mooij, Tom Schuster, and Oriol reported memory safety bugs present in Thunderbird 45.6. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort that some of these could be exploited to run arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-5373)
- JIT code allocation can allow for a bypass of ASLR and DEP protections leading to potential memory corruption attacks. (CVE-2017-5375)
- Use-after-free while manipulating XSL in XSLT documents.
- A potential use-after-free found through fuzzing during DOM manipulation of SVG content. (CVE-2017-5380)
- URLs containing certain unicode glyphs for alternative hyphens and quotes do not properly trigger punycode display, allowing for domain name spoofing attacks in the location bar. (CVE-2017-5383)
- The JSON viewer in the Developer Tools uses insecure methods to create a communication channel for copying and viewing JSON or HTTP headers data, allowing for potential privilege escalation. (CVE-2017-5390)
- A use-after-free vulnerability in the Media Decoder when working with media files when some events are fired after the media elements are freed from memory.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Mozilla security advisories.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpgrade to Mozilla Thunderbird version 45.7 or later.