Fedora 24 : php-PHPMailer (2017-c3dc97e1e1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 96574
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description**Version 5.2.22** (January 5th 2017)
- **SECURITY** Fix [CVE-2017-5223](https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detai l?vulnId=CVE-2017-5223), local file disclosure vulnerability if content passed to `msgHTML()` is sourced from unfiltered user input. Reported by Yongxiang Li of Asiasecurity. The fix for this means that calls to `msgHTML()` without a `$basedir` will not import images with relative URLs, and relative URLs containing `..` will be ignored.
- Add simple contact form example
- Emoji in test content
**Version 5.2.21** (December 28th 2016)
- Fix missed number update in version file - no functional changes
**Version 5.2.20** (December 28th 2016)
- **SECURITY** Critical security update for CVE-2016-10045 please update now! Thanks to [Dawid Golunski](https://legalhackers.com) and Paul Buonopane (Zenexer).
** Version 5.2.19** (December 26th 2016)
- Minor cleanup
** Version 5.2.18** (December 24th 2016)
- **SECURITY** Critical security update for CVE-2016-10033 please update now! Thanks to [Dawid Golunski](https://legalhackers.com).
- Add ability to extract the SMTP transaction ID from some common SMTP success messages
- Minor documentation tweaks
** Version 5.2.17** (December 9th 2016)
- This is officially the last feature release of 5.2.
Security fixes only from now on; use PHPMailer 6.0!
- Allow DKIM private key to be provided as a string
- Provide mechanism to allow overriding of boundary and message ID creation
- Improve Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Romanian, and German translations
- PHP 7.1 support for Travis-CI
- Fix some language codes
- Add security notices
- Improve DKIM compatibility in older PHP versions
- Improve trapping and capture of SMTP connection errors
- Improve passthrough of error levels for debug output
- PHPDoc cleanup
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php-PHPMailer package.