Fedora 25 : 1:tomcat (2016-f4a443888b)
High Nessus Plugin ID 94880
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis updates includes a rebase from tomcat 8.0.32 up to 8.0.36 to resolve :
- rhbz#1349469 CVE-2016-3092 tomcat: Usage of vulnerable FileUpload package can result in denial of service
and also includes the following bug fixes :
- rhbz#1341850 tomcat-jsvc.service has TOMCAT_USER value hard-coded
- rhbz#1341853 rpm -V tomcat fails on /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out
- rhbz#1347835 The security manager doesn't work correctly (JSPs cannot be compiled)
- rhbz#1347864 The systemd service unit does not allow tomcat to shut down gracefully
- rhbz#1357428 Tomcat 8.0.32 breaks deploy for candlepin.
- rhbz#1359737 Missing maven depmap for the following artifacts: org.apache.tomcat:tomcat-websocket, org.apache.tomcat:tomcat-websocket-api
- rhbz#1363884 The tomcat-tool-wrapper script is broken
- rhbz#1364056 The command tomcat-digest doesn't work
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected 1:tomcat package.