Fedora 23 : 1:tomcat (2016-4094bd4ad6) (httpoxy)
High Nessus Plugin ID 94747
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis updates includes a rebase from tomcat 8.0.36 up to 8.0.38 which resolves multiple CVEs and a problem that 8.0.37 introduces to freeipa :
- rhbz#1375581 - CVE-2016-5388 Tomcat: CGI sets environmental variable based on user supplied Proxy request header
- rhbz#1390532 - CVE-2016-0762 CVE-2016-5018 CVE-2016-6794 CVE-2016-6796 CVE-2016-6797 tomcat: various flaws
and includes two additional CVE fixes along with one bug fix :
- rhbz#1383210 - CVE-2016-5425 tomcat: Local privilege escalation via systemd-tmpfiles service
- rhbz#1383216 - CVE-2016-6325 tomcat: tomcat writable config files allow privilege escalation
- rhbz#1370262 - catalina.out is no longer in use in the main package, but still gets rotated
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected 1:tomcat package.